The latest deceit from Jeremy Sherr
Posted by gimpy on May 8, 2009
Jeremy Sherr, the homeopath conducting unethical treatments in Tanzania, made the claim on his blog that:
When I was in South Africa 5 years ago, we had designed a very complex trial together with the Nelson Mandela hospital in Durban.
Well blogger Warhelmet, whose comments here are always appreciated, has contacted the Nelson Mandela hospital and obtained this reply:
Please note that Mr Jeremy Sherr has no association with the University of KwaZulu-Natal and that its Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine has not conducted any research with Mr Sherr.
Looks like another lie to add to the litany of Mr Sherr’s misdeeds. In summary Mr Sherr has:
- claimed the support of the Muhumbili University of Health Sciences in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. This is not true.
- claimed the support of the Department of Integrative Medicine at the University of Maryland, USA. This is not true.
- shown disregard for established notions of medical ethics.
- may be in breach of Tanzanian law
- caused the Society of Homeopaths (SoH) to lie on his behalf
Mr Sherr remains fairly blase about all the allegations raised against him, dismissing all concerns as the activities of “a close group of the bloggers’ friends swimming around in their own swill“.
It is worth remembering that Mr Sherr is a highly respected homeopath whose teaching are admired by many other homeopaths and whose Dynamis school teaches many students. In many ways Mr Sherr is one of the most respected members of his profession. No homeopath has criticised Mr Sherr on this blog, they endorse what he does. Mr Sherr’s failings are the failings of the homeopathic profession.